Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Sunday, January 24, 2016

Lotion bars

I've been wanting to do these for awhile now.  I've made a lotion bar before but found the recipe melted too quick.  I found one that I liked and thought I'd give it a go once again. Shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax.  The recipe also called for a teaspoon or so of oil but I left that out. I thought with extra bit of oil these would be quick to melt. So I omitted it. 
I've been working on this brick of natural beeswax it's looking like a dog bone.  I found the best way to use it is to grate with a vegetable peeler. Way to hard to cut with a knife. I found this perfect silicone mold at my local thrift shop.  Love that people give to these places for me to find. Yay!
So simple this recipe, you melt everything and pour it in. Let them cool, pop them out. That's it.  
I put them into a small mini cupcake and then wrapped them with a tinfoil so when you go to use them you can wrap the lotion bar into the tinfoil to protect it in your makeup bag or wherever. And then I shrink wrapped them to look like a candy. 
Fun!  I gave some away at Christmas and so far I've heard that it's holding up and working great! Love that they are natural too. As always thanks for stopping by.  Bye now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment