Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Monday, March 22, 2010

First Soap Batch Ever!


Well its been awhile since I blogged! I made a couple of batches of Sweet Almond Oil and Oatmeal. these were made with Olive, Canola, Safflower Oil and blended with ground Oatmeal which is supposed to be good for your skin and I added sweet almond oil which is supposed to skin moisturizing. I have to say they turned out but not too happy with the result. I didn't line my mould properly and had trouble taking it out so the bars look a little rough. and I ended up using the wrong type of freezer paper and had trouble removing the soap. I was swearing at the end of it all. I have 40 bars that I'm just going to use up myself and throw in for gifts to people. I don't think I will be able to sell any of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment