Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Monday, June 28, 2010

Busy Busy Busy !




Well have I been busy with Soap Contracts. First of all I was contacted by a girl, Tina Morin,who was co-ordinating a golf tournament and was looking for donations. Its free stuff I gave her but sample bars that I had just lying around. The Golf Tournament was on June 25th and was in support of Shanti Village in Nepal. The money goes to the new school there.
Nepal is a poverty stricken country and only 1 out of 5 children get to go to school and mostly is boys. The girls there get no education as they beleive that the girls should be at home doing the chores. They want to change all that and give all the children equal opportunity. I think it is a wonderful program. For more information you can check the website http://www.shantivillage.org
I made up a box of a variety of sample soaps a nice brochure and 72 $1.00 coupons to hand out tt the players as gifts. This is also a good way for me to get my name out there. Here are some pictures of the Golf Package. It turned out real well.

1 comment: