Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Monday, June 28, 2010

Goddessite! A tribute to the Goddess Artemis



In my busniess at Amy's Organics I have become real good friends with her and her friend Howard. He runs a local amethyst mine here in Thunder Bay and has been helping Amy set up her Organic Shop. To make a long story short, Howard is very energetic and very excited about his amethyst and he has some beautiful crystals and landscape rocks. Howard is in the process of mining the clay deposits that are amoung the amethyt in the mine. This clay is soft and powdery and a bit like pumice stone, but finer.
Howard commissioned me to create a soap using this clay which he calls "Goddessite Healing Clay"
I have been busy the last couple of weeks in hopes to prepare a beautiful bar of soap for him. I wanted this soap to be pure and earthy!
I am very excited about ths soap. It has a hardness to it and exfoliating properties and smells Earthy from the clay. There is no other fragrance...just pure raw soap! I found this clipart on bing and it fits the description of Artemis to a tee!
I will use for my poster for our new soap. Stay tuned. I think this pic is beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you continue your great job, have a nice day!
    Cherokee Septic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you this was quite a while ago. I gave up soap making for a while then started up again this past year I hope you come back to see more!

      Delete