Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dead Sea Soap ...Dissappointing

Well a few days back if you recall I made soap with Dead Sea Salts and Activated Charcoal. I let them sit for a coupel of days and cut them into bars this morning. When I took them out of the molds they were wet. I was reading on the net that this may occur with the salt. Also Sandy Wilson from Little Meadows emailed me and told me not to use too much charcoal as it tends to bleed and can be drying to the skin. Too Late! it was made before I got that info.

Also in my receipe I added 2 pounds of sea salt...as this was my first try at this soap it always is an experiment. When I cut the bars the morning they were crumbly, they are holding the soap bar shape and I don't know if they will get any better as they cure. Trial and error.
I am very upset about this this batch but what cha gonna do :-(

If anything I can try to rebatch the bars into something else. They smell so good with the Mandarin Jasmine Fragrance. Gonna have to order more of that F.O. and try making something else. I know now I won't use salt again.

1 comment: