Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Tuesday, July 29, 2014

French Milled Coffee Soap


I've got left over soap that I've made and sold and some that sold but not all I don't like to see it just sitting here.  I'm in aw of this technique to revamp my cold processed soap and give it new life !! French Milled Soap which is such an alluring name for grated soap (soap base) is the answer to what to do with left over soap or to fix a soap batch that you've forgotten an ingredient or for a batch your not happy with.  Here I took some coffee bars I made sold a few and got left with quite a bit just sitting here.  Grated it up (I grate it right into my crock pot) until the pot is full.  Then I added cooled brewed coffee 1 cup and two tbsp brewed coffee grounds.  Turned on the crock pot and let it heat up.  My crock pot is awesome.  I've read from other soapers it takes a couple hours to melt not mine.  Maybe because I grate it real fine.  In any case let it melt.  I stir it constant to keep it from burning on the bottom.  In no time you will see itliquify.  This is where you know whether to add more liquid to it or not.  I didn't have to. Once it's like a pudding you can add other ingredients whether it's the one you forgot or others to vamp it into something new and fun.  I've added coconut milk to some recipes I love coconut milk instead of just plain water it makes your soap silky and smooth and it's good for your skin.  I also am a fan of castor oil it's pure vegetable oil it seems to add that nice bubbly lather to the soap. With all that said once the grated soap and coffee with the grounds became melted I added a good dab if castor oil I didn't measure it but probably tbsp and a half I then added some chocolate and hazelnut fragrance oil probably about tbsp of that I just poured in a dab.  We don't want it overpowering so I guesstimate it.  Poured it into a milk carton  ( I use the 1/2 pint ones ) gave it a good tap on the counter covered it with plastic wrap secured with a rubber band and stuck it in the fridge to cool off and get hard.  Enjoy the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment