Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hand milled soap

My blog is supposed to be about how to make handcrafted soap so I suppose I should write about some things I do.  I have always looked at rebatching soap and never tried it until I had a batch of soap that went wrong.  So instead of throwing it away I hand grated it down into a crock pot and added my missing ingredient.(coconut oil)   I wasn't sure how that was going to turn out so I was skeptical.  I had fun doing this and it was easy and a good arm workout lol.  Here is the result I call it a rock.  I added pumice and pink clay to the mix and voila 
               So cool !!! To the grated soap I added coconut water to the crock pot of grated soap I wasn't sure how much at first so I added it slowly in. Then as it melted I added my coconut then I added in activated charcoal and the pink clay.  When it was melted to like a thick sauce I said it's gotta be ready and I poured it into milk containers ( I love the half pint size ones) they are already waxed lined, I'm repurposing them, and they make a nice squarish bar of soap.  Rustic. 
I let these sit in the molds for almost a week I had to remove them to see the result.  They were pretty soft I thought oh no good but thought maybe if I cut them they will cure faster to get the extra moisture out of them and after two weeks they hardened right up.  Bubbly, soft and scrubby.  I got so excited about this that I'm doing it again with some older bars of soap that I just didn't like and revamping them up.  The new batch is wild blueberry I can't wait to see the result of this one !  
Stay tuned . 

No comments:

Post a Comment