Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Friday, July 3, 2015

Secret Feather Swirl


I've been watching the YouTube again and saw a technique using a hanger tool for swirling soap.  It creates a secret feather inside so had to give it a go.  Finished pour looks like a peacock feather on the outside 
These are the left over soap I poured into my silicone ripple molds 
And here is the results 
Not exactly a feather.  I think I turned it once too many times but I like the result looks like a dream catcher or something a bit aboriginal.  
Here's the top of the ripple soap. And the back side 
I'm still trying to get my soap at light trace for doing intricate designs this recipe wasn't too bad.  Olive, coconut, avocado, grapeseed, castor, distill water, lye. Added bentonite clay, coconut milk powder, activated charcoal, oxides green and brown, pink clay. Scented in cool peppermint.  White TD. Thanks for looking! Retail 6$ each cdn happy soaping! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment