Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Thursday, September 10, 2015

Coconut Soap

I had a request from a client to make 100 percent coconut soaps.  I have been hesitant as coconut can be drying to your skin. So I've read. But watching YouTube and other soapers I learned that if you superfat it by 20% it turns out to be a silky shampoo body bar.  They say lotion bar but after making them they are hard like a rock. I had such a response I got tons of orders.  So thank you Cheryl! My first batch I only made a small one as I wanted to trial run it. Here's the results 
I used a silicone mold "butterflies" (I found this at the superstore, great find!) these bars set so fast I'm glad I did it this way so there's no cutting involved. And.,,,,gorgeous 
I used 10 ounces coconut oil to make these four, distill water, sodium hydroxide, 1/2 tsp coconut milk powder. Use soapcalc to get your measurements.  It's the only calc I use. Thanks for stopping in and happy soaping! I'm selling these at $4.50 cdn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment