Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Saturday, September 5, 2015

Black Eyed Susan

Black
Eye Susan's grow wild in the Thunder Bay Area.  When I was born I apparently had dark black eyes and my father nicknamed me Black Eyed Susan.  My eyes are just dark brown now.  After seeing these flowers over the last few weeks in full bloom it was my inspiration for soap. I thought about how I was going to make it and here are my results. 
The base is the plain white soap with green lab colour swirled in to represent the stems and petals. 
On top of the base I poured a layer of canary yellow gel coloured soap and added brown oxide coloured soap on top and swirled it in to represent the brown eye. 
A full layer of yellow with a bit of green swirled in to represent the petals again and leaves.  The brown eye in the centre. 
I had left over green so I poured that on top of the eye and spooned the rest of the brown on top.  I swirled it into the green and to me it represents the forest background. This soap is fragranced with Mystic Orange Moinshine fragrance from Natures Garden supply,  it worked well in this soap leaving lots of time to work. V
This fragrance is a dark citrus blend,  it's not strong or overpowering.  It is mystic and I can't wait to cut this one up. 
Thanks for reading and come back for the results! 
Happy long labour day weekend! Savour all Gods creations, stop and smell the flowers, take time in your life to enjoy the beauty of life and the all things that God has given us to enjoy.  Till next time bless you all for following me. Bye !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment