Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Friday, August 6, 2010

Black Licorice Swirl












Well I don't think I have ever been this excited about soap...it got me dancing in the kitchen.
I think it is my best soap to date. I have tried marbling before with other soap recipes and this is my best result so far!! the recipe made 32 bars of soap, two full soap molds. I was exstatic when I took them out and cut them. This I will make again. Want the recipe? here it is
4 oz Castor Oil
38 oz Crisco w/palm all veg oil
24 oz Organic Coconut Oil 76
24 oz Olive Oil
34.2 oz Distill Water
12.72 oz Sodium Hydroxide
2 25 oz Black Licorice Fragrance Oil (Canwax)
Activated Charcoal (Pre-saturated with oil) I poured in maybe an ounce and a bit to swirl
At light trace add the fragrance then pour your activated charcoal ITP (in the pot) in spots here and there and pour into mold, with a bamboo skewer run thru the soap mix and make your swirls back and forth and then criss-cross, Put it to bed. I let this sit for 36 hours before taking out of the mold. It was hard not to peek :-) I am going to use this recipe for my next batch of Miyake for Women a nice perfumey soap and am going to use pink and green clay for the marble so stay tuned. Doesn't it get exciting! if you want one send me a line. Online orders $5.00 bar Harvest Festival $6.50

No comments:

Post a Comment