Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lavender Lemon Thyme

Finished product perfect !!!! 

Step by step.  Lavender buds from Saffire Blue, and a French Green clay.  Naturally dried lemongrass and lemon thyme from my herb garden.  The aroma just shot out of them when I ground them up in my thrift store coffee bean grinde.  I could just smell the lemon. 
Fragrance for the 1/2 layer of this soap.  
French green clay turned this naturally olive green.  And the fragrance was good no acceleration of trace .  Nice citrus scent from Natures Garden 
Sprinkled the lemon grasses on top of the green layer.  Oh and if you are curious I used two large orange juice containers for the mould.  I let this set up a bit before the next step.    
And did two of them.  I used about 1/2 cup of soap batter , neon yellow gel colour and added a dab more of the agave fragrance.  Slowly poured the yellow over the first layer of green and herbs.  I used the spatula as a guide to pour it on slow. Pretty !!! 
Let the yellow set up now.  For the rest of the batch added ultramarine violet and purple gel colourant and added lavender essential oil.  I don't count drops I used a quarter of this bottle I shook it until I could smell it.  If I can smell it I think it's enough.  I'm like my grandma that way.  
From Kelly's Nutrition   
Dark purple ! Love the rich colour. Poured it in to both moulds again using the spatula to slowly pour it in over the yellow layer so it doesn't mix together.  Looking good !!!! Tap down too to get rid of any air bubbles.  Nice and smooth.  
A tea strainer and iridescent sparkle body safe glitter.  I sprinkled it on top and sprinkled the fine ground lavender buds down the centre.  Used a skewer and poked the sparkles and buds just nicely into the top.  I spooned up the sides for a pretty textured top.  I put the two moulds  in between the canned goods to keep the sides straight.  Cartons bow if you don't.  These will be straight. One on the right is finished. You can see the difference.   

Sprayed with witch hazel so no soda ash and covered with Saran Wrap and towel for the next 12-24 hours.  Can't wait to see the end results !!! This is the hard part now.  I'll post the results here when it's ready so come back !!! Thanks all for following me!!!
Nite nite for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment