Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Distilled Water

While I was returning my no good hand blender I decided I may as well get my distilled water. Distilled water is better to use as there are chemicals in our tap water like floride. Or your water may be hard depending on where you live. The big bottle cost me $3.00. Sandy from Little Meadow Sheep told me she freezes her distilled water as apparantly when you add the lye to it frozen it reduces the smell and fumes of the lye when you mix them. I asked her if it makes a difference when you have to measure your ounces she said no you just measure the volume. I will have to freeze some. For now, because I'm still not sure until I actually make my first batch, I will use it unfrozen. Sigh...so much to learn. This will be as I said all trial and error until we master the basic process. I am still itching to get started. We will master this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment