Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Amy's Organics!!! and I'm In!!!


Well I have been extremely busy with soap making. I've kind of mastered the Sandy Maine Recipe and am still loving it as it is simple and turns out real great! I haven't been writing my blog because as it turns out I just happened to go on the Kiijjii site,its like ebay where you can post ads for stuff for sale and want ads and things. So one morning about a month ago I was poking around the hobbies and crafts section and saw this ad for someone who was looking for someone local who makes handmade soaps....my face dropped, what is this I exclaimed!!!! to my husband John , I emailed her right away and told her I was making soap in my kitchen. This girl Amy is in the process of opening an organic shop and was looking for local artisans to help fill up her new store. It is a country store that is a about 15 mins out of town and she called me, we met and she agreed to put my soap there on consignment. What a break for me!!! I was the only one who answered her ad too by the way.
I have been very busy making soap and getting all my other soaps wrapped and tagged and weighed and going to the printers, I finally bought one so I can print my stuff out at home. thats another story..... buying stuff to make my display for the shop space she's given me. I have been working at cab driving, making soap, walking dog, doing my gardening and housekeeping, running back and forth to her shop and am exhausted but so excited!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment