Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Saturday, May 8, 2010

So much to Learn! Soap Molds

I have been struggling with the unification of my soap bars. I have one wooden log mold which I like, another is a plastic mold which was okay at first but the last batch of soap I made with it the sides buckled and I ended up with a puffed out log mold. After cutting it the bars were okay but I had to trim alot of excess off the sides . Because I am going to be selling I want my bars to be uniform so I don't have a bunch of soap thats all whacky! I tried using milk cartons too which the bars turned out but are more square "ish" I have looked at Walmart, Superstore, Staples, for containers that may be suitable for makng a good soap bar but to no avail. I am getting fussy now. (to order on the internet from suppliers, is expensive at this point).
I am pretty tapped. Soaping is not a cheap hobby as I am finding out.

My hubby had a telescope box that was the perfect size and so I used that on the last batch of soap I made and got 44 bars out of it. I will continue to use that box until I can afford to get something else. You really want your bars to look the same! I may commission my hub to make some for me with some of the lumber we have around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment