Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Snow Taffy

I was originally going to funnel pour this soap but as soon as the fragrance oil was added it seized.  In a rush I jammed packed it into the soap mold and worried about it all night.  It was a problem turn good! I thought I was going to have to rebatch it.  Not the case. With beet root powder it turned taffy colour and white td turned caramel "ish" perfect for the fragrance in it. The only thing was these bars were huge so I trimmed off the bottom and made guest/travel sized bars.  The wonky end fits the theme  big and bulky. Like a flowerette at the top.  The trimmings I squished into soap balls.  Love them. Olive, palm, shea, hemp, crisco n/palm, castor oil, distill water, sodium hydroxide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment