Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Saturday, March 7, 2015

Bug B Gone!!!

Pink Neon 
              Orange Neon!! Bug B Gone fragrance and funnel poured.  
Hard to see the alternate colours because it's so bright.  I wanted this bug dope soap bright and sunny for summer time camp. I think I achieved that here.  When it hardens up I will come back here and post the result.  I made this last year and even just using the bar as a rub on like a lotion kept the bugs away.  I am a camp lover but always got eaten alive and was always  itchy and scratchy.  Sometimes depending on what bit me I'd swell up.  Not last year I used this everytime I bathed or showered.  I used it in my hair too and because it's all natural we used it in the lake.  Environmentally Safe.  
And then with my Repelfly salve we were laughing at the bugs!  It works.  With Health Canada banning citronella in aerosols it doesn't effect the use in handmade soaps.  We were worried because without it you could not survive in the woods without being eaten alive.  The mosquitoes up north here drive you back indoors!!!  I was so relived that I could still obtain the ingredients from my supplier.  And with some left over I made a Solo Cup with a bath Scrunchie.  Saw these on Pinterest had to make one.  
Fun
The Solo Cups are huge.  If I'm
Going to sell these my retail $25.00 this will last you all summer


I posted this earlier in a seperate post but here's the salve.  I keep one in my bag at all times.  Ingredients, I used a basic soap recipe, olive , coconut , castor , crisco new with palm, coconut milk, distill water, sodium hydroxide, Bug B Gone.  Last year I sold these bars at $6.50 this year you want you gotta pay price increase to $12 you ain't gonna get it anywhere like this.  I couldn't make enough of them.  Sold out everytime.  Come back and see the results 12-24 hours for saponify time.  Done wasn't that a party!!!! Till next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment