Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Thursday, March 5, 2015

Repelfly DIY

My dad always had a container of Repelfly in his tackle box it was the best bug dope ever !  You can't get it anymore because of the ban on deet.  I still have his old container.  I saved it out of everything in his tackle box.   When he passed away,  that's what I kept.  My dad was an avid fisherman and hunter loved camping and outdoors.  That's how he raised myself and my sister.  We would be gone every weekend.  Repelfly was made in Nipigon, Ontario,  Canada an hour away from me in Thunder Bay.  Made by a couple of men who came up with the formula this was the stuff !!! So in honor of my dad and all of us who suffer from biting insects,  I've come up with my own version.  I made this last year and it kept us bug free!!! 
Made with coconut oil, shea butter , cocoa butter, orange butter, crisco new w/palm, Vaseline, and Bug B Gone which contains citronella and litsea cubeba oil (Japanese Lemon) and beeswax.  Melted together and then refrigerated overnight to cool into a salve.  Packed into lip balm jars with a screw lid, these make for a perfect tackle box, backpack, purse size, golf bag size to travel with you when you need it it's handy and it works!!!! I sell these for $5 retail.  It's a Big Bang in a small jar!!! Since citronella is banned from aerosol sprays, I have the relief product.  Want just send me a message I'll send it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment