Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Smelly Dawg Remedy Soap

How I have wanted to make this soap!  A dog shampoo that was both safe for our furry friends and also benificial to our dogs as well.  I found a recipe on Pinterest and said that's it!  Tomato Soap.  Tomato is a superfood as I've found doing my research.  It helps acne, draws toxins from skin,  is liver detoxifying, aids in weight loss....I could have had a V8!!! And as an old time remedy for being an odor buster when it comes to dogs versus skunks !  It's like magic.  Skunk spray is so sulphuric that it paralyzes our noses and so when we take tomato juice and wash our dogs to remove the sulphur, the tomatos sweet scent tricks our nose into smelling the tomato juice not the skunk.  It masks the smell.  That's just part of this soap.  I made it with real tomato and puréed it. Froze into ice cubes and slowly mixed my lye to not burn the tomato.  Add little bit lye and stir your cubes it will start melting the ice cubes then a little more, stir, little more.  
Doing it this way keeps the red colour doing it all at once burns it and your soap will be brown. To read the rest of this fabulous recipe like my FB page as the posts for this soap is extensive.   https://www.facebook.com/naturestouchorganicsoap/posts/744095689042789  
If you look close you can see the red flecks of tomato in the soap. Beautiful colour! 
Oils used in this soap olive, coconut , castor, red palm, shea  butter, unscented.  All vegan, no animal by products ever here! You can wash your dog at the lake no harm done.  
Save all your Little Ceaser dog food containers and wash and sterilize them.  Perfect for this project and totally recyclable!  I love these !!! Here's the finished soap 
Love the demention of the finished bars ! 
All of the ingredients provide odor removing  properties, shiny fur and coat.  Anti itching too for your dogs skin health.  This recipe is a keeper! Please like my page to get the full story on this and more as well as checking out my website to order your soap and craft making supplies and more! .  Thanks for looking and Happy Soaping!  http://naturestouch.topofthelineproducts.com  
 
Come up close.  You will see the bubbles and the beautiful natural red flecks of the tomato in the bar.  Stunning ! I walked Little Blue Marty after a long day in the Soap office (13 hours) I am the everything here.  Love it tho.  Anyways we came home and gave this soap a try.  May as well be the product tester too.  And.,,,, lather, bubbles, the orange of the palm blead out a bit but washed away nicely.  And Marty is clean, he's licking his paws but not to worry nothing is going to hurt him because there is no chemicals at all in this soap.  He's shiny and no wet dog smell.  I'm very stoked!  
I'm hoping this soap will be in store soon.  K9 Delights Bakery in Thunder Bay just got a free bar.  I hope they consider me.  Thanks Janice and Suzanne in advance. Happy Tails!!!! Till next time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment