Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Shabby Chic Bubble Bath Salts

I am gearing up for Mother's Day and wanted to do something special for a moms day gift.  I've been having some fun making bubble bath salts.  These are like bubble bars only not compressed.  I found pretty neon wine glasses and conjured up a recipe that not only bubbles but also relaxes us at the same time.  These bubble salts contain Kosher Dead Sea Salts, Epsom Salts, Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate for those Hollywood Bubbles.  Fragranced with Jungle Love from Natures Garden, it has citrus scent with key notes of pineapple and kiwi.  So summery I love this scent.  Coloured with yellow vegetable based gel colour.  It's pretty.  7 oz in this glass.  
I made melt and pour daisies and swirled the colours of white, green, and yellow with the same fragrance. 
Love how they turned out.  I used a syringe to do the layering.  Took me a couple hours to finish these
Wrapped two daisies into a soap favour to go into each set with fine tulle. To finish off the wine glass I covered the glass with thick cling wrap and secured it with coloured electrical tape to make them non spill.  Found scrap material from Walmart in pretty neon colours and prints. Ripped it into squares and pulled the strings to shabby chic the look.  Secured with a colour matching rubber band and hid that with a pretty ribbon.  
I went to Party City and found flower lollipops that I thought would be pretty to stick into this to finish it off. And finally my score at the thrift store flower patterned 
cello wrap, for 25 cents!!! I wrapped the wine glass, soap  favour and secured with curly ribbon.  Secured a printed product tag and of course my business card inside each one ! And look at this finished product, they look like a peacock ! I love these! How pretty for mom,  I am also doing these with Black Cherry Bomb, which I will post when they're ready. 
My mother has been gone for 18 years now her birthday is May 3rd right before Mothers Day.  Her name is Miriam she was 58 when she passed from cancer.  Never smoked , never drank, did yoga everyday, ate healthy, too young.  Miss her love her.  She would have loved one of these.  For you mom!  Happy Mothers Day, praise your mothers life is too short not to.  Thanks for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment