Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Foaming Dead Sea Salts

Made these posted one FB page sold out over nite.  A winner recipe.  Read on. 
I have been wanting to make a bath soak for some time now but I could never find the right type of container to put it in.  Until today when combing the isles of Walmart.  Bright colour champagne plastic glasses.  I researched recipes and found one I liked and tweeked it to make it my own.  Not only did I want to make a Dead Sea Salt bath, I also wanted it to have bubbles.  Using the Bubblebar concept here's what I did.  Dead Sea Salts, Epsom  Salts, Baking Soda.  These three use a large solo cup and fill each ingredient to the first line.  Next:  citric acid 1/3 cup, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate 2/3 cup, mix ingredients well.  Add colour if you want I used blue gel colour in one batch and pink and green in second batch.  Add your essential oil or fragrance oil of your choice.  Blue I used Mystic Orange Moonshine from Natures Garden.  It's sweet and spicy, I like it.  I poured in about 1 1/2oz  mixed by hand wearing rubber glove.  The 2nd batch I used pink and green gel colour and Gardenia  fragrance from WSP. It's flecked like flowers, pretty.  Smells very floral.  Nice for a bubble bath.  These remind me of Bubblebars only difference is it's not solid.  Same effect less work.  Hope you enjoy making them.  My retail $8.50.  Not bad for a couple hours work.  Now to figure out how to pkg. them, 
Please feel free to comment.  I'd love to hear back from you all.  Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment