Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Monday, May 18, 2015

A Green Theme!

I have been infusing this huge jar of olive oil since harvest time last year.  So October till May...8 months.  I grow my own herbs in the garden.  And specifically grow them to use in soaps, I throw some into salads and soups too.  But I planted these mostly for the purpose of soap.  Anyway.... Rosemary, chocolate mint, spearmint, lemon thyme, pineapple weed.  Threw them all in oil and today opened it and said yup soap time. 
I have four of these jars a free find on a junk pickin day. They are huge !!! I sanitized them and scrubbed those rusty lids too, so they're clean clean clean! Another rant ok lol back to subject of soap.   Opened the jar and oh my how minty and sweet smelling, the key note is the mint and the earthy base tone rosemary.  Just natural scents in here love it.  I didn't know exactly what I was going to do here so I pulled out a basic recipe and started adding my oils everything was green.  I strained the oil infusion so it would be clear of any intrusions. 
I love steeped tea and got a bag of "Matcha" green tea from my favorite tea lady Julie 
I put about a teaspoon into the soap oils and whisked it in. Nice dark green then I added a teaspoon of bentonite clay for drawing toxins from your skin.  That's it.  Let it all get to room temperature (I like soaping this way, no need for testing the temperature.).  At trace I poured half into another container and added white titanium dioxide then stick blended it added white TD again to lighten it up just a bit so not too white and then added it back into the other half "in the pot swirl" pouring at noon 3 o'clock 6 o'clock 9 o'clock and centre.  Gave it a turn or two with a spoon to mix it 
And poured it into the mold I had prepared 
This ones gonna have massage points.  I set in oven with the light on to kept it warm and here it is 24 hours later 
Love the result.  This is pure vegan friendly soap.  Amazing green olive colour.  Natural. I'll sell these $6.50 cdn  Thanks for following me.  Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment