Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Sunday, May 24, 2015

Vibrant Soap and Inspiration

I've been watching lots of YouTube soap channels and have four favourite channels I watch.  Soaping 101, Starr Soaps, Royalty Soaps, and Vibrant  Soaps.  I've read and researched books,  internet, Pinterest, library. What I have found is the combination of research and watching are the best learning tools for me.  You get to watch and see how other soapers do things.  My real favourite of them all is Vibrant Soaps from San Diego, I love his soap it's so intriquitly done look...
It's like a landscape! Please check out his YouTube channel and subscribe.  Some day I'll hope to be a soaper like Clyde! For now I'm still learning, and I've been at it 5 years on and off.   I wanted to try and do something with colour and running out of supplies I mixed what I had on hand and boy I couldn't even take pictures as the soap I made was seizing and ricing up real quick.  I just started jamming in the colours as quick as I could into the mold and put it to bed.  Here's what I woke up to 12 hours later 
Holy cow I didn't even firm up the sides mold and it went wonky here lol.  I took it out and sliced off that wonky piece first which I'll use for samples and was kind of surprised to find this result 
Tie dyed! Not bad.  You just never know with soap.  Sometimes a mistake can turn out to be good.  
These are big bars which I'm going to cut in half still so I'll get 27 of them out of this batch.  Scented with Tuscan Olive from Crafters Choice and Tahitian Mint from Saffire Blue.  I like the mixed scent it's kind of spicy and spa like.   
Cut the wonky pieces up for little giveaway samples at my next show in June.  That works for me.  They won't go to waste. 
 I used avocado oil, olive, coconut, soybean, crisco with palm, pure orange extract, shea and cocoa butters.  Distill water and 18% cream. Sodium hydroxide.  Irredecent glitter.  Fun mistake.  Thanks for reading and following me along! Have a bubbly day.  Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment