Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Friday, May 15, 2015

New Silicone Molds and BugBGone


I haven't fallen by the wayside I've not been feeling well this week.  Never the less I had to make more bug repellent soap as I had a woman come randomly to my door and bought me out for the daughter going tree planting for the summer.  :)) while shopping at the Superstore I came across these silicone molds and I had to buy them. 
$7.00 each.  Thank you! Good price too! And perfect for a bug soap I thought.  I decided to use neons again.  Butterflies are neon pink mica and ultramarine blue mica both from Saffire Blue. White titanium oxide  Bug B Gone, the good stuff for repelling insects.  
The soap took forever to harden so I sped it up and popped them in the freezer and I'm so happy with the result. 
Ladybugs. Fun. My recipe:  olive oil, coconut oil, crisco all vegetable oil contains soybean and palm, castor oil, distill water, sodium hydroxide. Neon micas as listed above and Bug B Gone oils of citronella and litsea cubeba (Japanese Lemon)  
With the left over soap I used my trustworthy milk cartons.  Not only do they make perfect soap molds they make a good sized bar of soap.  
These turned out beautiful.  There was more blue and pink left over then orange.  
I poured it into the milk carton and swirled it with a skewer.  This soap was very soft it was taking forever it seemed to harden up so I stuck it in the freezer for roughly 30 mins so I could get it out.  Maybe the weather had something to do with it because normally it would be hard after 22 hours with this recipe.
The orange, well how pretty!  I ran out of white soap to really mix this.  I didn't want all orange so I poured some orange into the white and it turned this beautiful peach colour.  
Swirled it with a skewer once again and love this result.  Everything here butterflies, ladybugs, milk carton creations have sold out already! I'm out of bug juice now.  Bug B Gone!  It works and you might as well have pretty soap too! 
 
Thanks for following me along!  

No comments:

Post a Comment