Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Friday, May 1, 2015

Krazy Soap

Don't throw out your soap shavings. When I clean up my soaps of all the rough edges I save them and when I have lots like a plastic bag full I make Krazy Soap.  I throw the shavings into my thrift store crock pot and throw them in.  I added to this batch Himalayan pink salts,castor oil, coconut milk, distilled water, sea salt and lotus fragrance.  You could add what you would like.  This is just what I did this time.  You could add in a mica or gel colour if you wanted to I did that at Christmas time with red and green.  Titanium dioxide if you wanted to to lighten it up.  Making this soap is easy and fun.  I let it brew 10 mins at a time, as it melts down I stir it and add more shavings as I can put into the pot, and if you think it needs more water add it in.  When you see it liquify stir it adding more shavings as you go if you have them to keep filling that crock pot.  Then leave it 20 mins and then see.   When it gets to the point of being like a batter it's done.  If there's still pieces of soap in there that didn't melt all the way  don't worry about those, just start to spoon into your moulds tapping them down and set it over night to harden back up.  These ones look fantastic!  This is good for remaking old soap into new as well as your saved shavings. I use milk cartons. 
Love the bits and bobs and the speckles in this one 
   Turned a greyish lavender colour.  Pretty!!! 
I wrap them in fun colour craft ribbon from Dollorama.  I found a roll of ribbon at the Sally made from plastic bag material and separated  it to look like a circus something lolol!!!!! Thanks  for looking!!!  I sell them for 5 bucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment