Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Sunday, December 21, 2014

Black Black Black

I have been watching YouTube videos on soap making and came across one soaper on Soap Queen TV who said she always mixes her oils and lye day before and leaves them so they become room temperature. She said always better.   Hmmmm? Well this morning before I went to work I did just that.  Thought ok I'll try as I knew I had a tight schedule after work and I needed this done as I have orders to fill.  Mixed my oils and lye put in a safe place and I let everything sit from 8 am to 11 pm tonight (out Christmas visiting) when I got home I just had to prepare my mold and whip it together. I like this method. I'll definitely keep soaping this way.  Everything then is at the same temperature and clean up a breeze.  I made the Egyptian Nite Skin Repair again.  Love the black!
Stay tuned for the bar. I mixed assorted colour embeds in it this time.  As always the waiting is the toughest thing to do.   Thanks for reading and Happy Winter Soltise!! Peace be with you in the longest day of the year. :))
 

No comments:

Post a Comment