Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Monday, December 29, 2014

Foxy Roxy Valentines Soap

I'm loving my heart silicone mold.  Tonight I crock potted  (is that even a word ?) all my tiger bar scraps and shavings which I've been saving since last summer. French Milled.   Added orange butter from New Directions, (smells like oranges) shea butter, pure orange extract. Added in some bright orange neon mica.  It didn't make it neon but it did make them a fox colour.  Perfect.  Funny how things turn out when you go.....oh?...awwww;(.....Oh!!!!  Added some gold sprinkles in the mix so they sparkle a bit.  Very citrus smelling.  For fun I cut up my last peachy tie dye soap (that was hard to do ) <sniff> and stuck them in as ears and little triangles for eyes . 
                Little foxy devils 
Added some sprinkles of Pink Himalayan salts.  When I spooned the soap in the mold at half full I really pressed it into the mold then I sprinkled salts on that first layer.  Continued to spoon the rest of the soap into each cavity and really smoothed it down. Then sprinkled the top with more salts.   Have fun with this one Valentine ! Can't wait to remove them tomorrow. The waiting is the hard part. And with the magic of a good sleep Voila,  here they are
 
Love how the pointy ears allow them to stand up!  I didn't even think about that when I did it. Ingenious if I say so myself.  After washing with it you can sit it up on it's ears and the water will drain off them.  Oooooo I love making soap.  Foxy Roxy Orange, Valentine.  I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy sharing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment