Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hobo Stove


This has absolutely nothing to do with soap but had to share .  My husband John and I are trying to keep busy as we are both quitting smoking.  So to occupy the time he decided to make little hobo stoves with tin cans.  A Johnny Stove.  There are two cans here.  One smaller one that he took one lid off with can opener, drilled holes into bottom of can and sides.  Here is inside view:  
Here is top view.  The inside can fits perfect into outside can.  So you have holes on bottom for ash to fall out and airflow.  You make a fire,  sticks,  birch bark,  forest floor material.  He bought a roll of chicken wire and cut a piece big enough around to fit into the tin can groove to hold your pot. 
The one part is open so you have a spot for fuelling your fire.  And when your done it fits inside the bottom of can.  
I'm surprised it's holding up this big stainless steel pot.  A good survival item.  I think I'll put one in the trunk of my car.  And I think I might make some and sell them lol neat thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment