Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Monday, January 19, 2015

Natures Garden and Me

                       (2 by 2 inch block.) 
I've been dreaming of making a soap on a rope and if you've been following me I just got a big first time order from Natures Garden soap and candle.  I ordered the Wild Wild West fragrance and love!!! It smells like leather.  This is gonna get that lasso around your cowboy ladies!  I have a new recipe I love which you'll find in my previous post.  A good working recipe and again everything at room temps.  This has the addition however of instead of 7 oz of castor only because I ran out at 3 oz :( I threw in 3oz of orange butter.  That came from New Directions. It set up a bit quicker then the previous batch of cherry bomb but still workable.  With that said I separated the batch in half used brown oxide for colour in the one and added white titanium oxide in the other.  I did the brown first then mixed the white just from the stick blender (I spatulad the excess) some brown turned the white tan.  Perfect!  Poured in a bit of tan on one side of mold, then brown on the other side after two good pours I put in ready tied natural jute rope tied with a good knot like a lasso. Pushed them in to where I thought was good spacing between each other and then spooned remaining soap alternating colours.  I used a small wooden skewer with a spatula end (I save them from kabobs I buy at Walmart) they are a perfect tool 
See the end that's what I use and the pointy end for details swirling etc.  save them!  This was a bit messy and tedious getting around the rope but as I spooned I secured the rope as I went along.  I had dried orange peel and cloves that I ground real fine and sprinkled on the top after I was satisfied with the result and am pretty pleased so far I can't wait now to open it up.  Come back and see and thanks for reading and following me along.  Looks kinda creepy right now but also pretty cool !  Giddy Up Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment