Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Soap making is a fun and exciting hobby, full of trial and tribulations! When you create soap you are creating art, each one is different, never the same. An addicting hobby.... once you get started all you think about is what kind of soap to make next. This blog is about my soaping experience please enjoy!



Friday, January 30, 2015

Snickerdoodle Coffee Morning Bar

I had a customer requesting the coffee soaps.  I had made some last year.  Those were done by rebatching some older soaps.  This one is totally organic.  Fresh brewed Snickerdoodle Coffee (which I did drink some) and the grounds from the filter to add some exfoliating to the soap.  A touch of chocolate fragrance to add some more fun to this bar.  I'm in love with this new recipe it's a slow ish traced one so you can work with it when doing colours.  Olive, castor, coconut, I subbed the coffee for Distilled water, lye. And again use soap calc.  I did olive 10 oz, Coconut 10 oz, Castor 7 oz.  The rest you go to soap calc.  If you want to learn you've got to do it yourself.  Right? Right.  I didn't use a stick blender on this one I added the lye and coffee mix to the oils and stirred with a spatula to just thourghly combine.  Poured 1/2 into another bowl added tbsp titanium dioxide to lighten it up.  Stirred till blended.  I use water soluable  TD by the way.  There's a difference it doesn't clump up.  Then got my moulds ready. 
Poured it in looked like mocha! 
I double batched it so I got two of these.  This recipe is so good it set fast over night I didn't unwrap tho for 24 hours.  Came out of the moulds perfectly.  I've been using plastic bags by the way to line my moulds it seems to work well adds some texture to make your soap rustic looking I think.  But freezer paper is always good for that smooth look.  I'm rustic so to each there own.  So these turned out perfect.  I didn't make them tall as I had to split between the two moulds so I cut them into two inch cubes.  A good bulky coffee  bar.  Nice for your morning shower. Thanks for reading and looking and following me.  
Maybe I'll add a rope to these.  Need to borrow hubby's drill.  :)) keep coming back!!! And check out my new website www.shop.com/withlori   Shop online earn cash back on your purchases. No more brick and mortar.  Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment